Project Naming

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
dominik_F

Project Naming

Post by dominik_F » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:45 am

Hi all,

i have troubles running tests from the compiled exe.
My solution and its main project have the same name as the AUT.
When running the compiled test exe it cannot open the AUT (which leads to failing tests).
When i rename the main project, the compiled exe won't run and it quits with an exception that there are multiple test suits and it doesnt know which one to run.
Manually renaming the compiled test exe to something different and running it then somehow works.
Has anyone an idea how to set up the project, so that i can run the compiled tests without issues?

br Dominik

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Project Naming

Post by odklizec » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi,

I don't see how the same name of test and AUT could be a problem? As long as test.exe and AUT.exe are in different folders, there should not be a problem? Could you please share a screenshot of recording/code module, where we can see Run action configuration? Additionally, you can always change the name of test.exe in project properties...
ProjProperties.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

dominik_F

Post by dominik_F » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:49 pm

hi,

thanks for your quick response and the hint where to change the assembly name.
I didnt expect it to be an issue either, but somehow the AUT does not start up when executing the test.exe so I assumed that i have overseen something.
The folder where the AUT lies is another one than the bin/debug of ranorex.
When renaming the project as you suggested, i get the following error:

Unexpected exception occurred: Ranorex.RanorexException: There are multiple test suite files in the assembly directory. Please specify the test suite by using command line parameters or rename the test suite file to the current assembly name.
bei Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.GetTestSuiteXml(Type containerType, String fileName)
bei Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.Run(Type containerType, String cmdLineArgs, String testSuiteXml)
bei Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.Run(Type containerType, String cmdLineArgs)
bei MobilesFestnetz.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\DEV\win-festnetz-test\MobilesFestnetz\Program.cs:Zeile 39.

should there be only one test suite per project ? (we are still in the process of recording and have piled up different test suits within our main project)

Stub

Post by Stub » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:41 am

When I started using multiple Test Suites that error occured for me too. I had to modify our automated build system to invoke the Ranorex tests .EXE and specify precisely which Test Suite I wanted it to run:

Code: Select all

"C:\Path\Ranorex\bin\Release\MyTests.exe" /ts:"C:\Path\Ranorex\bin\Release\TheTestSuite.rxtst"  /rc:"TestRun" /rl:Debug /zr /zrf:"C:\Path\Ranorex\Reports\TheTestSuite.rxzlog"