Qt 3.3.3 accessibility in Win7

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
jazzhuang

Qt 3.3.3 accessibility in Win7

Post by jazzhuang » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 am

Hello,
I'm using RANOREX for automation tests in a software with Qt 3.3.3.19655, according to the help page that http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... lugin.html, I make it work well in Windows XP. And I move the same configuration under Win7, and run test, it's always show the warn dialog indicate as "the appliation should complied by the QT accessible plugins..." , wait a long time, the test run succeed and I check the log, it shows some warnings that "Item xxx could be found using absolute path, but not using the repository structure"
Could you help me out here, thank you!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Qt 3.3.3 accessibility in Win7

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello,

Could you please verify if there is a folder 'plugins/accessible' in your application folder?
Please also check if the following files are there:

qtaccessiblecompatwidgetsd4.dll
qtaccessiblewidgetsd4.dll
qtaccessiblecompatwidgets4.dll
qtaccessiblewidgets4.dll

Regards,
Markus (T)

jazzhuang

Post by jazzhuang » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:37 am

Hi,
I'm sure the folder 'plugins/accessible' in my application folder and the following dlls be there as well:
qtaccessiblecompatwidgetsd4.dll
qtaccessiblewidgetsd4.dll
qtaccessiblecompatwidgets4.dll
qtaccessiblewidgets4.dll

I've tyied to for this testing:
1. Using the spy to hightlight the item, it's ok
2. Remove the pulgins and hightlight them again, it's failed

According to the report that "Item xxx could be found using absolute path, but not using the repository structure, Please make sure all of its parent folders have unique path(You can also try to disable caching for the parent folders of this item)" and mentioned here - http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... ialog.html, so I've tried to disable the caching, but the problem always be there.

Besides, as I mentioned that the same configurations of the ranorex studio and application under winxp, it works well. P.S: My application's path is %appdata%\<myapp>

Regards :D

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 am

Hello,

The problem could be that the RanoreXPath for the folder of the item is not unique. Please read the post
Repository rooted folder paths not unique in our forum.
Additionally, could you please check if the RanoreXPath of the element which causes the error is the same in Windows XP and Windows 7.
Please send us a Ranorex Snapshot file from the element from both operating system and your repository file to [email protected].

Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard

jazzhuang

Post by jazzhuang » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for your response and the issue has been resolved according to the http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-do-i-f ... t1357.html mentioned.