Qt Embedded & Desktop

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
gvrachliotis

Qt Embedded & Desktop

Post by gvrachliotis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi there,

I would like to ask if it is possible to create automated tests with Ranorex for apps developed with Qt Embedded (EGLFS) and Qt Desktop (X11). Thanks!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Qt Embedded & Desktop

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:12 am

Hello gvrachliotis,

EGLFS and X11 were actually made for Linux systems. Ranorex actually doesn't support Linux platforms, but I'm not exactly sure if Ranorex is able to recognize apps developed with EGLFS and X11 using another plug-in of Ranorex (e.g. Win32).
I'd recommend downloading the free trial version of Ranorex and give it a try.

Sincerely,
Bernhard

gvrachliotis

Post by gvrachliotis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 am

Support Team wrote:Hello gvrachliotis,

EGLFS and X11 were actually made for Linux systems. Ranorex actually doesn't support Linux platforms, but I'm not exactly sure if Ranorex is able to recognize apps developed with EGLFS and X11 using another plug-in of Ranorex (e.g. Win32).
I'd recommend downloading the free trial version of Ranorex and give it a try.

Sincerely,
Bernhard
Thanks for your reply!

We are already using Ranorex for our web and mobile apps but we are on the market for a gui testing automation tool for our Qt apps that run in our custom built POS/terminals (we specialize in lottery systems/solutions). What kind of plugin are you mentioning?

G.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello gvrachliotis,

Unfortunately, it is hard to give you a concrete suggestion without having your application.
Actually, if Ranorex is able to identify the elements in your application, the correct plug-in should be selected automatically. In order to better analyze the issue it would be great to get access to your application or at least a sample application. May I ask you to send an email to [email protected] in order to discuss the details on this. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Bernhard