QT Warning

Ask general questions here.
Gunner1980

QT Warning

Post by Gunner1980 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I am using QT 4 and when I launch a script in 3.0.1 I am receiving the following warning.

This warning wouldn't bother me too much if I knew what it was and if it wasn't causing a 30 second delay between recording steps when it occurs. What is this warning about? I have accessibility enabled in my QT applications hence how I am automating them.

This did not occur in 2.3.8.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: QT Warning

Post by Support Team » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 am

Hi,

Do you get this warning only during execution or even if you use Spy and try to track an element?
Gunner1980 wrote:This did not occur in 2.3.8.
Because this warning doesn't exist in Ranorex 2.3.8. These messages are a new functionality in 3.X for the user, to show the warning inside the report, too.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I only get the warning during execution I am able to spy just fine and my tests run after the warning goes away, it's just creating about a 30 second annoying delay when my test starts.

I also have noticed that on my QT applications many of the repo items paths no longer work. I have had to change several of my abbreviated paths in Ranorex and we have not made changes to our application. Don't know why there is a difference.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm

It looks like this is a timing problem with the new MSAA filtering. If you switch the MSAA Filter compatibility level to "V2X" the problem does not occur. We will investigate this issue further and report back.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

It was indeed a problem with the new 3.X MSAA filtering causing a timing problem with QT applications. We fix this issue for the next maintenance release Ranorex 3.0.2.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team