Qt Widget Histogram

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
j.early

Qt Widget Histogram

Post by j.early » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 pm

I have a histogram object here that I am having trouble working with. I cant get any child elements/values when spying the object.

This is the widget itself:

and this is the Spy properties:

I want to be able to validate the section highlight with the red square. This value changes dependent on mouse movement of the yellow shading across the histogram drawing.

This widget is based on the QGLWidget, all QT setup has been ap
plied to the project such as conf files and dlls required to enable Qt support.

On another note, as you can from the Spy screenshot, I get alot of - Element 'QWidget'. Any ideas how to improve this? I have had the development team ensure the "Accessible" flag has been set for all widgets within the application.

Cheers all
J

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Qt Widget Histogram

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots. To give you more detailed information I would also need a snapshot of your objects. (see Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files)

Where there any technology warnings? Have there been done all the needed instrumentation steps for QT? (see Qt Testing)

Maybe reaffirm that accessibility is implemented (see Enabling automation for custom QT widgets by adding Accessibility)

Kind Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team

j.early

Post by j.early » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Support Team wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots. To give you more detailed information I would also need a snapshot of your objects. (see Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files)
The file is just a little too large to attach because of the 1mb limit. I have uploaded the file to: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... 751Spy.zip

This has been scanned with anti virus so your good to go.
Support Team wrote: Where there any technology warnings? Have there been done all the needed instrumentation steps for QT? (see Qt Testing)
No technology warnings where seen. I have seen the pop up before while testing Qt applications. The dll file is in place and qt.conf file is present as per your above link.
Support Team wrote: Maybe reaffirm that accessibility is implemented (see Enabling automation for custom QT widgets by adding Accessibility)
Accessibility is on. The dev team implemented QAccessibleInterface (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qacces ... rface.html) just in case a single object was missed with the initial QTAccessible class.

Thanks
J

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi,

I already had a look at the snapshot you send. I was able to expand the path-tree until the elements you want to validate came up (e.g. the text with AccessibleValue "235.868").
RxPath:
/form[@title~'^CellDemoMembrane3D\.ims\ -\ ']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='4']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='2']/element/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='1']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='2']/separator/container[1]/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
I also see Text of the Histogram. One thing that I can't see is the screenshot of the histogram in the snapshot. The screenshot is white. (Probably you did the snapshot while no histogram was available.)

Am I right that you are not able to see those child-elements including the information of the Text-elements?

Kind Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team

j.early

Post by j.early » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Yea your correct, for some reason on my side, I cant drill down into the child-elements including the information of the Text-elements.

I get stopped at the parent. Can you share what you did to get this to appear. It seems strange that you can view it on your side but I cannot.

Thanks
J

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi,

I did nothing but clicking through the snapshot you send. All elements were available.
What happens if you copy the RxPath I sent into Spy having your sent snapshot open?
What happens if you copy the RxPath I sent into Spy when having your application open and Spy in "Live"-mode?

Kind Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team

j.early

Post by j.early » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 pm

I did nothing but clicking through the snapshot you send. All elements were available.
What happens if you copy the RxPath I sent into Spy having your sent snapshot open?
What happens if you copy the RxPath I sent into Spy when having your application open and Spy in "Live"-mode?

Kind Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team
I get the error "No elements found for RanoreXPath"

Regards
J

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 am

Hi,

Please open attached snapshot and copy the following path into the RxPath-textfield:
/form[@title~'^CellDemoMembrane3D\.ims\ -\ ']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='4']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='2']/element/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='1']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='0']/element[@class='QWidget' and @instance='2']/separator/container[1]/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
What happens?

Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team
Attachments
ImarisSnapshot.zip
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 198 times

j.early

Post by j.early » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 am

Please open attached snapshot and copy the following path into the RxPath-textfield:
What happens?

Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team
Your seeing what am seeing :) This is probably the way Ranorex displays it options by default. I was coming from an app the listed out the functions that can be performed on these objects as a another child menu.

Thanks for your time Larissa
Regards
J