Query Related to HTML5 Automation Testing

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
priti

Query Related to HTML5 Automation Testing

Post by priti » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi,

Can I test the attached HTML5 Output using this tool with the following scenario?

My test case is that if i click on Hit button >> if Hit button stops on any particular topic then question associated to that topic is displaying correctly or not .

please help, attaching HTML5 o/p for your reference. Kindly open spin.html file to see the o/p.

I need this to show case to my higher management team to get this passed in evaluation period.

Thanks,
Priti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Re: Query Related to HTML5 Automation Testing

Post by krstcs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 pm

If it is HTML5 and runs in one of the supported browsers then you can automate it with Ranorex.

Please download the demo at http://www.ranorex.com/free-trial.html. Please try it out and see how it works for you.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

priti

Post by priti » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 am

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.Yes the o/p is in HTML5 , hope you have seen it.

I know that Ranorex supports cross browser however as of now my specific requirement is that if the below scenario gets satisfied in this tool or not.

And if gets satisfied or can be done using Ranorex kindly let me know how ?

Thanks,
Priti

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:30 pm

And I answered your question - yes, Ranorex can be used to automate it.

You will likely have to write code for some parts of it, but Ranorex can do anything that .NET can do.

Have you read the Ranorex User Guide? This will give you insight into how to get Ranorex working and what everything does.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

priti

Post by priti » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:37 am

Hi,

I have gone through the Ranorex User Guide .But still I am facing an issue in writing script for the particular scenario which I have mentioned in the first post.could you please help me?

Thanks,
Priti