Questions regarding Ranorex IDE and coding outside

Ask general questions here.
MichalSk

Questions regarding Ranorex IDE and coding outside

Post by MichalSk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:38 am

Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new in the Automation world and the usage of Ranorex Studio.

Before I was coding in Visual Studio 2019 with ReSharper, and therefore I am missing things in the Ranorex IDE...
  • Firstly I want to ask if there is any possibility to activate live compiling in the Ranorex IDE, like in Visual Studio?
For example:

Code: Select all

Report.Info("The size of the following two XML files will be compared: " + firstFile.Name + " and  + secondFile.Name);
In this case Visual Studio would tell me that there is a Single quote missing after "and" but in Ranorex you dont get the information instantly,
and you need to compile/build the project. When you are writing more code, simple things like forgetting a quote or bracket happen fast and therefore you can quickly get many errors after building the solution.
  • Secondly is there a way to use ReSharper in Ranorex Studio? Because I just found a few Refactoring commands, and I'm missing many from ReSharper.
  • Thirdly I discovered that I can open the project as a Visual Studio Solution, and edit the user code modules here. Renaming and other stuff work pretty good and will be automatically updated in the .rxsln file. But Renaming methods cause problems, because the user code modules in the Recorder section doesn't get updated automatically. Any possibilities to fix that?
Thanks in advance!

Greetings MichalSk

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions regarding Ranorex IDE and coding outside

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:56 am

Hello MichalSk,

Activate live compiling is currently not possible in Ranroex, but it might be in the future. Please add a feature request on our website.

For creating new feature requests, please use our UserVoice platform: https://uservoice.ranorex.com/

Regards,
Bernhard

MichalSk

Re: Questions regarding Ranorex IDE and coding outside

Post by MichalSk » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:18 am

Hello Bernhard,

thanks for your reply. I really hope it will be added soon, because it would make coding inside Ranorex Studio much more comfortable.
I will definetly wirte a future request, as you mentioned ;)

Any ideas for my second and third question?