Ranorex 2.0 has expired!

Ask general questions here.
taralex

Ranorex 2.0 has expired!

Post by taralex » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:15 pm

It's mid december, and Ranorex 2.0 has expired. What can you offer to keep running the tests?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Please download the current Ranorex 2.0 Preview version (Build 4977). This preview version will expire at the end of January 2009.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

taralex

Post by taralex » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:05 pm

thanx. just downloaded it, but all my code stopped working :( there is no definition of the IElement object in the new assemblies... Where should I look for it?

taralex

Post by taralex » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh my, guys, you've changed so much! so much code to re-write :)

Just tried your recorder. It still uses the Ranorex.Core.Repository.CreateAdapterForPath method, but the method does not exist any more. What should I use instead?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:47 pm

You are right, we had to change parts of the interface to make some features possible and to clean things up. The IElement interface has been replaced by the concrete class Element. Sorry for that! Ranorex recordings and repositories from previous preview versions should still work, though.

Please consider that Ranorex V2.0 is still a technology preview and that the interface as well as RxPaths of elements may change till the final release.

The CreateAdapterForPath is an internal method that only generated repositories should use (see this form post). Try this code instead:

Code: Select all

Unknown elementWithUnknownRole = "pathToSomeElement";
// or if you need a specific timeout
elementWithUnknownRole = Host.Local.FindSingle<Unknown>("pathToSomeElement", 12345);
If you know the role or capabilities of an element, you can replace the Unknown by the corresponding adapter, e.g Button or Form.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team