Ranorex 2.0 RC 1

Ask general questions here.
StuByZurich
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Ranorex 2.0 RC 1

Post by StuByZurich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi together
I intstalled the RC1 on my maschine.
I am intressted specially for the web testing feature.

- In my currently installed RC1, I can not find a WebTest-Project.
- I am also missing the Ranorex WebSpy.
- And when I start the WebTestSample I get an error

Can you help me?

On the website its not clear for me, what is the best for me to choose, if I only interessted in web testing.

Thanks for help.

Regards,
Oliver

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Oliver,

The new Ranorex 2.0 version is based on a plugin architecture which enables a smooth integration of several technologies through all Ranorex tools.
The WebPlugin (for IE) is also shipped and fully integrated in the RC1.

You do not need the Ranorex WebSpy any more. Analyze your web applications in the Internet Explorer with the Ranorex Spy. Record web tests with the help of the Ranorex Recorder (also through the IE).

Do you get following error in the Ranorex Studio or Visual Studio?
Argument '3': cannot convert from 'string' to 'System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex' ...

Then replace line 44 in the WebTestRecording.cs with this:

Code: Select all

Validate.AttributeRegex(repo.IE.DivTagContent.TdTagFirst_element, "innertext", new Regex("First element"));
The Ranorex Recorder generates a wrong code for the Validation statement (known bug).

Kind regards,
Gabor
Ranorex Support Team

StuByZurich
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by StuByZurich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for you answer before.
It helps me a lot.

My current problem is to get one of these webtest-samples running, which was shipped with the RC1.

In the mean time I try the webtest-sample nr.6 and I get following error.

Message :Failed to find item 'Image' within the specified timeout of 10s.
InnerException : Ranorex.RanorexException: The folder 'IE' was not found within the specified timeout of 10s.
bei Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoGenBaseFolder.get_FolderElement()
bei Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoGenBaseFolder.CreateAdapterForPath[T](String itemName, String path, Duration searchTimeout)



Do you have an idea?

By the way.
I am thinking about to visit Ranorex at the SwissTesting-Days in Zurich ;-))

Regards,
Oliver

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Oliver,

I assume that you have IE version 6.0...
Please try to change the RanoreXPath of the IE Item in the GlobalRepository.rxrep to following:

Code: Select all

/form[@title~'^Ranorex\ Test\ Page']
This RanoreXPath identifies an application by its title beginning with "Ranorex Test Page".

We would be pleased if you visit us at the SwissTesting-Days!

Kind regards,
Gabor
Ranorex Support Team

StuByZurich
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by StuByZurich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:07 pm

I think there is something wrong with the XPath.

I paste it and I get the following error:
Unknown escapesequence!

/form[@title~'^Ranorex\ Test\ Page']

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Did you placed the RanoreXPath into the inline editor of the Ranorex Repository and selected the whole RanoreXPath before pasting the new one?

Kind regards,
Gabor
Ranorex Support Team

StuByZurich
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by StuByZurich » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi,
Sorry, but I finished to wast my time with the examples....

So know I have a little webtest done.
I am using now Firefox

When I start the test from the studio it works.

Then I builded a release version (both output types I tried (console, winapp)).

When I run both of this application its not the same result like running from the studio.
The browser starts and It types a url in the location and on the following site it tries to find a simplem dropdown.

But I will not be find and I got an error. :-((((

Sorry, but these are very, very, strange behaviors.....:-(((

Regards,
Oliver