Ranorex 3.2.2 can't find Flex tooltip

Bug reports.
alex

Ranorex 3.2.2 can't find Flex tooltip

Post by alex » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 am

Hi,
Tomorrow I upgraed Ranorex to 3.2.2 because 3.1.1 can't identify some Flex elements.
But I found Ranorex3.2.2 can't identify tooltip.
snapshot has been attached.
Attachments
snap.zip
(229.26 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex 3.2.2 can't find Flex tooltip

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 am

Hi,

please have a look at following chapter of our user guide to see how to use the hot-key "T" to validate tool-tips:

Ranorex Recorder » During Recording

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Team

alex

Post by alex » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 am

Hi,
This doesn't work on Flex tooltips.
I tried according to the guide, but nothing happened and no tooltip-validation steps recorded.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (42.43 KiB) Viewed 1465 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry, but it looks like this tooltip cannot be identified.
The only way I can imagine is to use image based validation to validate this tootlip.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Support Team

alex

Post by alex » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi,
Please uncompress attachment using Winzip or WinRAR. Then you will get snapshot file.

Thanks.
Alex

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:05 am

Hi,

what I mean is, the tooltip cannot be identified.

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

alex

Post by alex » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 am

Hi,
I wonder why new version Ranorex can't find Flex tool tips? Because it works well in previous versions.

Thanks
Alex

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi,
alex wrote:I wonder why new version Ranorex can't find Flex tool tips? Because it works well in previous versions.

Can you please provide us snapshot files holding the specific tool tips using both Ranorex 3.2.1 and Ranorex 3.2.2.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Team

toma

Post by toma » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:17 pm

What ever happened with this? I am having the same problem with a flex application using Ranorex 3.2.3. I'm using IE 9 which is instrumented for Flash/Flex. When I turn on the Hotkeys recording and press "t" while a tooltip is displaying, only the element with which the tooltip is associated is recorded. There is no trace of a tooltip. I've also tried Spy with Ctrl+LWindows key and can't find the tooltip anywhere.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 am

Hi,

basically, tooltips appears as own windows, therefore, if they are visible they are directly listed in the layer below the host. Because they are disappearing when moving the mouse away from the item, they have to be handled in a special way.

With Spy:
Move your mouse to the item, wait until the tooltip appears and do a instant tracking on that item.
Now the item your mouse was pointing on is highlighted in spy. Now look for your tooltip - it should be within the list in the layer below your host.

With Recorder: While recording, enable "Enable Hotkeys" in the recorder toolbar. After that, move your mouse to the item, press "m" (this records a mouse move to this item), wait until the tooltip appears, then press "t". Now the information about the tooltip is displayed - select the attribute of the tooltip which you want to validate.

You can also manually add the tooltip to your repository (in Respository, Add New Item -> Add Item, use path "/tooltip"). Drag and drop the added repository item to the action table of your recorder to do a validation (Manually create recordings)

It could be that the tooltip is nested in a parent container of your application.
To check if the tooltip element is identified you can use the instructions of how to create snapshot files from pop-up windows.
You will find the instructions here: Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files.
If you cached the current elements (with the <SCROLL> key), when the tooltip is shown, you have to search in Spy if you can find the specific tooltip element, I would start from the root node of your application, you can also use the following RxPath: "/form[@title='YourTitle']//*[?'The Text of the tooltip']".
If nothing worked please send us the Ranorex snapshot file of your AUT when the tooltip is shown.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

toma

Post by toma » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Sorry for the long delay. I tried what you suggested and still cannot find the tooltip. I'm attaching the snapshot file. The Tooltip starts with the text "Source of Credit".
Attachments
MotivatorSnapshot.rxsnp
(691.84 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Hello,

As Markus said, tool tips appear as own windows. Please check if there is a child entry from the host node in Ranorex Spy from the tool tip window as shown in the attached picture.
ToolTip.png
ToolTip.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Regards,
Bernhard

toma

Post by toma » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Sorry I spied with a tooltip up and it opened to the node of the element which is associated with the tooltip, but there is no window node for the tooltip, or any other node anywhere as far as I can see. I've attached a screenshot of Spy.
Attachments
notooltip.PNG
Spy after doing instant tracking with tooltip up.
notooltip.PNG (25.88 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi,

Did you cache the current elements (with the <SCROLL> key), when the tooltip is shown?
If yes you have to search in Spy if you can find the specific tooltip element, I would start from the root node of your application, you could also try to find it with the following RxPath: "/form[@title='YourTitle']//*[?'The Text of the tooltip']".
Could you check if the current Ranorex version is able to identify the tooltip?
You will find the link to the current version of Ranorex on the start page of Ranorex Studio.

Regards,
Markus

toma

Post by toma » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 pm

I just upgraded to 4.0 and tried this again. No luck. The tooltips are not to be found. I did get a snapshot by pressing <Scroll Lock> key, after doing instant tracking with Ctrl+L Win while the tooltip was displaying. Then I tried searching the snapshot tree for anything beginning with the text "Source" since the tooltip starts with "Source of Credit".
sourcecredittooltip.png
shapshot that should have my tooltip
sourcecredittooltip.png (105.27 KiB) Viewed 1159 times