Ranorex 5.4.1 BUILD ERROR

Ask general questions here.
ejji09

Ranorex 5.4.1 BUILD ERROR

Post by ejji09 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Am using ranorex 5.4.1 and i am trying to test Desktop java application in recording method and after the recording when i try to play. Am getting a buid error as.

Code: Select all

Build was cancelled 
Failed to update code for 'C:\Users\212453330\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\qq\qq\qqRepository.cs'. Font 'Courier New' does not support style 'Regular'. - C:\Users\212453330\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\qq\qq\qqRepository.cs
I have no idea why am getting this error and am new to Ranorex

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex 5.4.1 BUILD ERROR

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:51 am

Hi ejji09,

Unfortunately it is hard to analyze this issue without having more information about your system and your Ranorex Solution.
Therefore, I may ask you to answer the following questions:
  • Does this problem occur on every solution or just in this specific one?
    If it is just one solution, is it possible for you to send this solution to [email protected]?
    Please also let me know which OS is currently installed on your machine.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Markus (S)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex 5.4.1 BUILD ERROR

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:50 pm

The error message complains about a bad installation of the font "Courier New". This usually is the case on Windows 7 or lower if not all styles of a font are installed.

In your case, it seems "Courier New" is only partially installed, e.g. the Italic style could be there, but the Regular style is missing.
Either reinstall the "Courier New" font or remove it completely to fix the problem.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team