Ranorex 6.0 Data Binding and DDT

Ask general questions here.
wlijo

Ranorex 6.0 Data Binding and DDT

Post by wlijo » Tue May 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi,

Today I've installed the last version, and I have almos all my TC with DDT with external data source, the most important issues for me:

1.-When I open Data binding I have to wait a couple of seconds (more than 6) while before, used to appears immediately.
2.- On the other hand where I can select for my variable "Module Variable" now you see other format, in my case it's much complicate to select or change the reference variable. For example, if I in a sheet I have the column "name" "id" before I can select using the first letter, now both of them starts with the name of the module, it's impossible to select with the keyboard.Now I need to spend more time tu select the items with the mouse.

Before
name (TC1)
id (TC1)

NOW
TC1.name
TC1.id

can someone can tell me if there is a possible a workaround? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best regards,

Walter.-

tvu

Re: Ranorex 6.0 Data Binding and DDT

Post by tvu » Wed May 18, 2016 12:11 am

Auto-bind doesn't work for you?

wlijo

Post by wlijo » Wed May 18, 2016 12:51 pm

tvu wrote:Auto-bind doesn't work for you?
As fas as I Know, "Auto-Bind" works only with "Parameters", the problem for me is in "Variable Binding"

Regards,

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Autobind works for variables as well, but you have to use the EXACT SAME NAME for the variable or parameter AND the data column.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

wlijo

Post by wlijo » Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 pm

krstcs wrote:Autobind works for variables as well, but you have to use the EXACT SAME NAME for the variable or parameter AND the data column.
Good to know, anyway my problem is maybe I need to assign different values for different modules whit the same variable name, is easy for my select the variable directly with my keyboard but I can't now.

My desktop app is very complex.

Regards,

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Wed May 18, 2016 9:18 pm

You probably should not be using different names for the same data-to-variable binding. The variable name should describe exactly what the variable should be used for, and the data column should be used for that data only. If you are using different data columns for the same variable, then maybe you need to rethink your naming scheme or test layout. In addition, you can use test cases and the data connectors to loop over data sets, just think of a Test Case in Ranorex as a for-each loop that loops over each row of data in the data connector.
Shortcuts usually aren't...