Ranorex 6.0 - Window tabs cannot be opened after first run

Bug reports.
Martin

Ranorex 6.0 - Window tabs cannot be opened after first run

Post by Martin » Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Hello

Just upgraded to Ranorex 6.0 today and I see there is an issue with switching between different tabs after a test run has been executed.

After the run you can only switch between tabs using the right side arrow drop-down selection.

Restarting Ranorex will fix the issue but only until the next test run.

Info:
Windows 10 Pro
Ranorex 6.0

For further details or information, please contact me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martin

Re: Ranorex 6.0 - Window tabs cannot be opened after first run

Post by Martin » Wed May 18, 2016 7:37 am

Further information: Running Ranorex with Admin rights.

Edit: But tried removing the rights and does not seem to be relevant to the bug

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu May 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Hello Martin,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue on my machine or my VMs. Did you already try to re-install Ranorex (uninstall Ranorex, reboot your machine and install Ranorex again)?
Does the issue also occur with a brand new Ranorex solution, or only with your existing solution?

Regards,
Bernhard

bpdyna

Post by bpdyna » Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 pm

I encountered the same issue today after updating to 6.0. I had been working on my solution for half a day already and suddenly this occured. The only way to switch now is with the right side arrow drop-down selection.

I had already made quite some changes to my project and had run quite some tests already before this bug occurred.

Windows 8.1
Ranorex 6.0
Running with local admin

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 pm

Did you try the steps that Bernhard posted? If not, please try them and see if the issue continues, then reply with the outcome.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri May 20, 2016 7:48 am

Okay, just reproduced it. :D

1. Enable debugging
2. Run the test (i ran a specific module from userCode)
3(?). Stop the test manually

Voila - Can't switch tabs anymore
Last edited by Martin on Fri May 20, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bpdyna

Post by bpdyna » Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 am

krstcs wrote:Did you try the steps that Bernhard posted? If not, please try them and see if the issue continues, then reply with the outcome.
I tried re-installing again, but I had already done so before installing version 6.0 (first I completely removed the previous version, then installed 6.0). This did not solve the issue.
Trying in a completely new solution is too time consuming for me and even if that would be the solution to solve this issue, I can't throw away my existing solution. So in that respect, yes it is happening in an existing solution.

I see that Martin has reproduced his issue, I have a way to reproduce it in a similar way:
1. I ran a piece of user code, debugging turned on.
2. The piece of user code failed at some point after the timeout. (Martin just stopped his test manually here)
3. The failed test produced a report and from this point onward I can't switch tabs anymore.

It seems so far that it is only happening when a test fails. I will continue testing some more to see if it only happens when a piece of user code fails, which I am suspecting.

bpdyna

Post by bpdyna » Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

I have tried the following (every time with a fresh restart of Ranorex Studio as Administrator):

Debug mode was turned on and I ran these pieces from the Recording, not from the Test Suite.
- Run a piece of user code that failed.
- Run a piece of user code that succeeds.
- Run 2 simple mouse click actions that succeeded.
All of this results in the issue of not able to switch tabs. When I tried the same with debug mode off, there was no issue anymore.

Running tests from the Test Suite have never given me this issue, regardless of debug mode on or off.

@Support, can you see if you can reproduce this by enabling debug mode and running a few actions directly from the Recording file *.rxrec? I think the issue lies with the debug mode and playing directly from the .rxrec file.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon May 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello bpdyna,

Thank you for describing the issue. I tried all steps described in your last post with debug mode enabled. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue.
May I ask you to have a remote session in order to see the issue on your machine directly? Please send an email to [email protected].

Thank you.

Regards,
Bernhard

tvu

Post by tvu » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:45 pm

I have also experienced this issue. Uninstall, reboot, install worked for a few days, but the issue has returned.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi tvu,

Would you mind sending an email to [email protected]? We can have a remote session in order to analyze the issue on your machine.
Thank you.

Regards,
Bernhard

dhale

Post by dhale » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:28 pm

I am also bumping into this intermittent tabbing issue - I typically debug my work from within a recording that its only purpose is to call and run other C# code as we don't use recordings.

So for me, debug is always enabled and I am manually debugging C# code with a break point set. While I cant repro the issue on demand yet, it is an intermittent issue I am encountering that forces me to restart Studio to get things back to normal.

It seems to me that when I manually stop a test, or a test fails while debugging it has a higher propensity of occurring.

I'm on 32bit Win7 Enterprise SP1

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello,

as already mentioned from Bernhard, we aren't able to reproduce this issue. Please write an email to [email protected] in order to help us analyzing your issues.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Robert

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:08 pm

I too am experiencing this issue. I first seen it when using Ranorex version 6.0. I have since updated to Ranorex 7.1 and I continue to experience this issue. I was using Windows 7 but in the past week I have upgraded to Window 10.

I don't see a posted solution on the forum, if there such a posted solution, please send me a link or advise how to correct the issue?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am

Hello Eamonn,

Ranorex 6 is no longer supported. Please update to our latest version, currently Ranorex 7.2.1.

Recommended Upgrade Procedure:
  • • Completely uninstall Ranorex
    • Reboot your machine
    • Download and install the latest version of Ranorex
If updating Ranorex doesn't resolve the issue, please contact [email protected]. We would be glad to help you to overcome the issue.

Sincerely,
Robert