Ranorex 6.1 Android apk deployment timout problem

Ask general questions here.
rastek

Ranorex 6.1 Android apk deployment timout problem

Post by rastek » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:51 am

Hi, I have been facing a weird problem with Ranorex

I tried to Instrument my apk with latest Ranorex version to android device in which Ranorex service is consistent also, latest version 189, it finish and says Your application successfully deployed however no application seen on the device ??

Then I start deploying only instrumented apk separately after this operation, gives instrumentation error , then why Ranorex does not give that error in instrumenttaiton step but gives it separate deploying step ?

In the error, it says time out problem, how can I increase timeout ? I can not find it in deployment settings.

System.TimeoutException: Deploying the application failed because it could not be deployed within the configured timeout of '00:01:00'.
at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.PlatformComponents.Tools.WifiDeploymentService.SendData(IPAddress addr, Int32 port, String path, String packageName)
at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.PlatformComponents.Tools.WifiDeploymentService.DoDeployment()

Thanks.

rastek

Re: Ranorex 6.1 Android apk deployment timout problem

Post by rastek » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:16 am

Ok I have found the solution from this thread

http://www.ranorex.com/forum/instrument ... t5161.html

I solved my deploy timeut problem but I think Ranorex design need to attention these 2 point

1- Why deploy timeout is 1 minute by default when start recording ->Deploy, while it is 10 minute by default from manually if I insert deploy step inside the Recording module ?

2- Another question is -maybe this is a bug- I I insert Deploy step from actions it first instruments the apk file
(it gave me "already instrumented apk error" when I try to deploy an already instrumented apk file)

When from Start Recording -> deploy instrumentation and deploying are separate steps which one can deploy already instrumented apk file.

Thanks,
Rasim.

asdf

Re: Ranorex 6.1 Android apk deployment timout problem

Post by asdf » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Rastek,

You could change the deploy timeout within the "Global Setting" in Ranorex Studio. After you changed this, the instrumentation wizard will also have this timeout.
Usually, one minute is more than enough to deploy your apk to your device. Just in certain cases you have to increase this timeout.

In order to only deploy your application on your device instead of instrumenting and deploying it, you can set the "Instrument APK" property of the "Deploy Android"-action to false.
InstrumentAPK.png
Then your application will only get deployed and you will not get the "Already instrumented" error.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Asdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.