Ranorex 6 Text Editor underline

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
aturner

Ranorex 6 Text Editor underline

Post by aturner » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:06 pm

In version 4.x and 5.x the IDE underlines problematic code text while the user is typing code, just like visual studio.

In version 6.0 I have to build to see any text errors underlined with the red squiggly. I have checked Options and turned on debugging, no squigglies without build. I'd really like to get that feature back if possible. Any ideas?

jma

Re: Ranorex 6 Text Editor underline

Post by jma » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:50 pm

As far as I can remember this didn't work in previous versions of Ranorex Studio either. Ranorex Studio 6.0 is basically based on SharpDevelop 4.X. This functionality doesn't seem to be implemented in SharpDevelop 4.4. I would suggest having a look at the following SharpDevelop forum discussion: http://community.sharpdevelop.net/forums/t/14444.aspx

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

I don't remember anything like that in Ranorex 5.x either. As far as I remember it, errors were underlined only after build?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Yeah, it didn't work in 4.X or 5.X. This is not a Ranorex issue, but a SharpDevelop one.

SharpDevelop does not implement on-the-fly or real-time compiling, which VS does.

If you would like this feature then you would need to go to the SharpDevelop site and request it from the team there, but they've already said they won't do it because it's too big of a burden - see this post: http://community.sharpdevelop.net/forum ... 29100.aspx.
Shortcuts usually aren't...