Ranorex 7.0.1 Mouse not working over Citrix

Bug reports.
mrtn

Ranorex 7.0.1 Mouse not working over Citrix

Post by mrtn » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 am

Hello,

I just aquired a test key for Ranorex to test it for my company.

When I tested it, I noticed, that the mouse was not working when recording a test. The keyboard recognition worked just fine, I was able to navigate through forms just with tab and enter.

The problem may be that Ranorex is installed on a VM and I am controlling it over Citrix.

Here are some screenshots:

You can see that the red border covers the whole browser, even if I move the mouse or click anywhere. Even the controls in the corner are not responding to my input.
Greenshot_2017-06-01_10-28-07.png
After I aborted the recording by pressing shift+esc, this is the result. I recorded over the login module in the wordpress example.
WebWordPressLibrary - Ranorex Studio_2017-06-01_10-29-12.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobinHood42

Re: Ranorex 7.0.1 Mouse not working over Citrix

Post by RobinHood42 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi mrtn,

Can you see that behavior just for this particular page and particular browser? Is it possible to track other UI elements?

Cheers,
Robin

mrtn

Post by mrtn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 am

Hello,

I tried recording a few interactions with different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE), on other Websites and also with the shipped version of KeePass. The issue was always the same: The red border does not change it's position and mouse movements are not recognized.

I tried Ranorex on my personal laptop at home, there it worked just fine.

Martin

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:57 am

Hello mrtn,

Please ensure that your DPI settings and your scaling is set to default values (100%). Furthermore, please try to toggle the "Use asynchronus mouse dispatching setting" within Rx Spy/Studio:
AsynchSetting.png
Hope this helps,
Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrtn

Post by mrtn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:37 am

Hello Robin,

Thanks! This helped. Ranorex now works just fine, just as it should! :D
"Use asynchronus mouse dispatching setting" was enabled, disabling it fixed the problem.

Friendly regards,
Martin