Ranorex 7.0 Selenium Open Browser with desired capabilities

Ask general questions here.
Vaughan.Douglas

Ranorex 7.0 Selenium Open Browser with desired capabilities

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 pm

I'm trying to evaluate Ranorex' new selenium compatibility and I've run into a few issues.

Using Selenium 3.3.1 and most current version of the webdrivers available (I downloaded them this morning)

First of all, my organization locks down our IE security settings, so I have a need implement the ignoreProtectedModeSettings capability for IE. I've gone into the details of my endpoint and added the following to the Advanced Capability Json:

Code: Select all

{
"ie.options" : { 
     "ignoreProtectedModeSettings"  : true 
  }
} 
but I still get an error saying Unexpected error launching Internet Explorer. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected Mode must be set to the same value (enabled or disabled) for all zones.

Next, my browsers are always maximized by convention, but the OpenBrowser method does not support the maximize parameter for Selenium.
  • Has anyone had success retrofitting existing automation for Selenium execution?
    What's my JSON error above?
    How do I maximize that browser?
Doug Vaughan

Vega

Re: Ranorex 7.0 Selenium Open Browser with desired capabilities

Post by Vega » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 pm

#1 I havn't had to make very many adjustments in my selenium testing. Just be aware that with selenium, you are ONLY interacting with the DOM. This means you can not do things like click "X" to close the browser window as that is part of the browser FORM which selenium does not talk to. Use application close on the dom to close the browser.

#2: Give this JSON a try:

{
"ignoreProtectedModeSettings": true
}

ref: https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/ ... pabilities

#3: Maximize browser does not yet seem to be supported as of yet, per a workaround of selenium users you can execute javascript (window.resize) to achieve this. In Ranorex you can execute script on the dom as an action. This may depend on the driver you are using as some browsers do not allow things like this - still testing.