Ranorex 7.0 Startpage Problems

Post by Ralph.Radtke » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 am

Hello,

This is how my Startup Page Looks in Ranorex 7.0
ranorexr_startpage.PNG
screenshot_startpage
ranorexr_startpage.PNG (96.35 KiB) Viewed 1895 times
I cannot open any Project by clicking one of the Links on the Startpage,
I have to use a Workaround by opening the Project via the File Menu.

it might be a Problem with our Firewall, but with Ranorex 6.2 we did not experience this Problem.

Another "Little thing" is the license Information, our long Company Name seems to mess up the layout, it Looks a Little ugly.

Thx for any help in advance

Best Regards
Ralph Radtke

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex 7.0 Startpage Problems

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for your post.

We would be happy to assist you with your issue.
Therefore, please write an email to [email protected].

regards,

Stephan

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Ralph,

Please make sure that you are not trying to open any of the projects from a remote drive. This is not supported by Ranorex. All Ranorex projects and all Ranorex installations must be on the local system where you are trying to run/edit tests.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:33 pm

I'd like to report we're facing similar issues with the Ranorex 7.0 start page on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.

Further, the main page says "Connection offiline check your connection and try again later". Ranorex does not offer a configurable proxy which explains why there is no connection.

Moving the cursor over the links under "start", "Sample projects", and "Recent Projects" does register (cursor changes from a default arrow to the little pointer finger), but clicking the link results in no action. The hint text works as expected when the cursor hovers over a link. I can also copy text off the page, so we know there is interaction.

When I reduce the window size for Ranorex to the point where a slider appears on the left, I am able to interact with the slider. I can also close the start page by clicking the x on the Start Page tab.

All of the projects are local and under source control. Ranorex exhibits the same behavior on pre 7.0 solutions, solutions converted to 7.0, as well as projects created with 7.0.
Doug Vaughan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your posts.

Since several customers already faced this issue, we added it to our Bug-Tracking System. Our developers will take care of it as soon as possible.
Until then, I would kindly ask you to continue loading your projects via the menu.
Once the problem has been resolved, you will find it within our release notes under the following link: http://www.ranorex.com/release-notes.html

Regards,

Stephan

nimonas

Post by nimonas » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 am

Is there any solution for this problem?
I update to the newest realease version 7.1 but still this problem with Connection offline exist.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:45 am

Hello everyone,

Sadly, this is a security issue and seems to be caused by Windows Server enhanced security, and thus was marked as known issue with no known fix.
However, we can only suggest turning off enhanced security configuration which might fix the issue.

Therefore, please navigate to "Local Server" within the Server Manager.
local server.png
local server.png (9.82 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
Afterwards, please disable Enhanced Security Configuration
Enhanced Security Configuration.png
Enhanced Security Configuration.png (5.72 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

Thank you for your understanding.

regards,
Stephan

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:21 pm

We recently installed the new license server for Ranorex and it was configured with the IE enhanced security configuration off. This did NOT resolve the issue. Would you please provide a bit more details on why/how this configuration is causing this issue so I can provide my server team with additional information.
Doug Vaughan

robert.altman

Post by robert.altman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this issue. Any link on the start page will not work. The cursor changes on the mouse over, but nothing happens when clicked. I'm running 7.1.1 on Windows 7 Pro. The annoying thing is that the start page is telling me to upgrade from my current version to 7.1.2, yet the link to do so doesn't work.

Additionally, your website does not offer any (at least obvious) links to download Ranorex without having to register for the Free Trial. As a license holder, I would expect to be able to download without having to register for a trial. I know there is a page with the archive, but that's only found using Google, not to mention it doesn't have the 7.1.2 update....

Stub

Post by Stub » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:57 am

Yeah, I keep that URL handy in my Trello board for that reason too - it's not easily findable otherwise. It does list 7.1.2. though, under Ranorex 7.1.

mjbalcer

Post by mjbalcer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:12 pm

I'm having the same hanging problem in 7.1.0, 7.1.1, and 7.1.2.

When I access the startpage directly through a web browser, no problems. However, Ranorex completely locks up waiting for the start page to load--I cannot even access any of my projects or the Ranorex menus until the start page area turns white. It ultimately loads about 3-5 minutes later.
Marc J. Balcer
Chief Architect
Model Compilers LLC

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:13 am

Hey robert.altman and mjbalcer,

Have you already disabled the "Enhanced Protected Mode" in Internet Explorer?

If this did not help, then please check the following:
1. Turn off your Firewall and your Antivirus Software before starting Ranorex. Maybe some settings stop Ranorex from connecting to the internet.
2. Try to start Ranorex Studio as administrator and see if the issue still persists.
3. Please take a look at your Internet Explorer`s proxy settings within the Internet Options’ “Connections” Tab. Make sure the "LAN Settings" are set to "Automatically detect settings".

Please let me know if any of the above suggestions have helped.

Regards,
McTurtle

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:01 pm

There is definitely something squirrelly going on here. With our configuration, Ranorex Studio has never been able to connect back to Ranorex due to the lack of a configurable proxy. Only in Ranorex 7.x have we lost the ability to click on Recent Projects, New test solution.., or Open test solution.
R7issue.png
R7issue.png (107.91 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
WIth what has been said about this issue earlier in the thread, I still don't understand why Ranorex Studio needs to be able to communicate back to Ranorex.com in order to open/create a solution. My license has already been validated by our internal license server.
Doug Vaughan

qwertzu

Post by qwertzu » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Vaughan.Douglas,

This is rather a security permission issue than an issue caused by communication to ranorex.com.
As soon as you have enough permissions and no security setting influences the accessibility of the start page, those buttons are clickable.
That´s why you will have to turn off enhanced security options.

regards,

qwertzu

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:25 pm

qwertzu wrote:Hi Vaughan.Douglas,

This is rather a security permission issue than an issue caused by communication to ranorex.com.
As soon as you have enough permissions and no security setting influences the accessibility of the start page, those buttons are clickable.
That´s why you will have to turn off enhanced security options.

regards,

qwertzu
My point is why should any external settings, security or otherwise, impact my ability to click on those links. Why does my organization need to amend their security settings to accommodate such basic functionality.
Doug Vaughan