Ranorex 8.1.1: Compiler error after update of a solution

Ask general questions here.
BPCap

Ranorex 8.1.1: Compiler error after update of a solution

Post by BPCap » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I have just installed version 8.1.1, with which I've had no trouble upgrading a couple of existing solutions (from version 7.1.1).
Unfortunately, trouble started just after the upgrade of a third solution (also from version 7.1.1):
during the build process, I got the following error message (and the build didn't complete):

The type 'Ranorex.Core.Resolver.AssemblyLoader' exists in both 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex 8.1\Bin\Ranorex.Core.Injection.dll' and 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex 8.1\Bin\Ranorex.Core.Resolver.dll' (CS0433) - solution path...\obj\Debug\__RxPrograms.g.cs:28,17

The __RxPrograms.g.cs file is apparently generated by Ranorex during the build process.

Has anyone got the same error yet?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

ahoisl
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Ranorex 8.1.1: Compiler error after update of a solution

Post by ahoisl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Looks like you added a reference to "Ranorex.Core.Injection" in your project. Removing that reference should fix the problem.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

BPCap

Re: Ranorex 8.1.1: Compiler error after update of a solution

Post by BPCap » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:18 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply, and the solution.

For some reason, both 'Ranorex.Core.Injection.dll' and 'Ranorex.Core.Resolver.dll' were referenced in the solution
(and as I am just a guest tester on that project, I don't know much about that Ranorex solution's history...)

Anyway, thanks again :D

Regards,
Beatrice