Ranorex-8.1.2 - Executable Build with Runtime - License Server

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
markusen

Ranorex-8.1.2 - Executable Build with Runtime - License Server

Post by markusen » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 am

Hello,

I created a executable Build of my tests with Runtime with Ranorex-8.1.2.

I have a floating license, and need to add the IP of the license server to the executable configuration. How do I do this?

I do not see an option for this. When I start the test on the target machine it asks me if I want to start a trial or add information.

I do not want to interfere, since this is deployed on a new virtual machine and everything needs to run without manual interaction.

Can you please help me. Is there a config I can create or modify? Or how do I make sure the executable test knows where to find the license server?

Thank you.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex-8.1.2 - Executable Build with Runtime - License Server

Post by odklizec » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:18 am

Hi,

You should be able to include Ranorex license info to solution via Ranorex settings:
license_solution.png
license_solution.png (37.79 KiB) Viewed 77 times
But I'm not quite sure if this setting is available in 8.x, which is an outdated and no longer supported Ranorex version. You should really consider updating it with most recent 9.3.2.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Stub

Post by Stub » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 am

We do this here, so I've been through this experiment. If you're using remote agents then not only must you do as Pavel suggests, but you probably need to configure your host machine licensing to use the IP address too. Restart Ranorex to make absolutely sure that the licence server configuration has taken. Once that box that Pavel indicates shows the IP address on both local and solution, we can send remote agent test run requests across to our VM for remote testing, directly from Ranorex Studio. Don't forget to include the runtime as well.

Oh, and we use Ranorex v9.3.2. Zero clue when that licensing feature was introduced.

markusen

Post by markusen » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:29 am

Thank you very much for your replies.
Now I found a solution.

I used Ranorex Studio 9.3 to create the configuration file.
The configuration file itself RanorexLicenseManager.lic could be copied to the folder of the 8.1.2 test as well and worked there also.