Ranorex 8.3.1: How to Click on the Icon in the Notification Area using C#?

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
Berlin77

Ranorex 8.3.1: How to Click on the Icon in the Notification Area using C#?

Post by Berlin77 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:59 am

Hi,
As one of the automated test for a Windows program, I need to click on a program icon and select one of the menu item.
For example, in the screenshot below, there is an icon "Safely Remove and Eject Media", I need to click on this icon.
This should open up the Windows form "Devices and Printers"

How can I automate this test in Ranorex 8.3.1 using C# for Windows 10 and Windows 7?
Please show me code snipplets in C#.

I've looked through these articles but the code don't work for Ranorex 8.3.1
Thank you for your help.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex 8.3.1: How to Click on the Icon in the Notification Area using C#?

Post by odklizec » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:42 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is no code snippet for what you want. At least I'm not aware of such snippet. Have you simply tried to record required actions and then, if needed, copy the generated code (from recording module) to code module of your choice? This is how I would start with something like your request. You may not need to use recordings, if you don't want to (which approach I really don't understand), but you can still utilize Ranorex "Recording" facility, to create and use code behind recorded steps, including created repo elements.

BTW, Ranorex 8.3.1 is such old an obsolete version, that you should not expect any examples from this community. You see, this version is really a dead horse and any samples created with recent versions, may not be even openable with 8.3.1 ;) So, your first steps should be updating Ranorex with most recent 9.3.3.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration