Ranorex 9.3: Where is the "Improved Reporting into Jira"?

Ask general questions here.
melodican

Ranorex 9.3: Where is the "Improved Reporting into Jira"?

Post by melodican » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:13 pm

During the webinar "What's new in Ranorex 9.3" it has been demonstrated that when creating a Jira issue from Ranorex the description of the Jira issue is automatically filled with parts of the Ranorex report. (At least it looked to me like this). This is something, what I have been missing in Ranorex 9.2.

I have updated to Ranorex 9.3, but I don't see any improvements compared to version 9.2. In the release notes of version 9.3 the feature "Improved Reporting into Jira" is mentioned, but I so not see this happening. As before I can create manually or automatically a Jira issue from Ranorex, but I do not see any improvements related to automatically sending parts of the Ranorex report (for example of the failed test case) into the Jira issue.

Could you eyplain what you mean by "Improved reporting into Jira"?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex 9.3: Where is the "Improved Reporting into Jira"?

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Hello melodican,

I'm sorry that the improvement doesn't work on your end. May I ask if you uninstalled Ranroex 9.2 before installing the newest version of Ranorex?

The recommended way to install a new version is to uninstall the installed version. Reboot the machine and install the newest version. If the issue gets created in Jira, the integration actually works. Would you mind trying to re-install Ranorex as described above?

Regards,
Bernhard

melodican

Post by melodican » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Thanks for the answer. I think it is the first time, that I have to install a new version of Ranorex as you described it (deinstall the old version, reboot, install the new version). I will try it.

I remember a question asked by someone during this weeks webinar on Ranorex 9.3 about how to upgrade from version 9.2 to 9.3 and the answer was: just run Ranorex-9.3.0.exe. That's it.

melodican

Post by melodican » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:22 pm

No change here. I re-installed Ranorex as decsribed, but I don't see any imrpovements compared to version 9.2. Is there an example available somewhere? The current webinar describing the interaction of Ranorex with Jira is based on Ranorex version 9.2. Therefore I would like to repeat my question: what is meant by "Improved Reporting to JIRA"?

This is what the Ranorex report does look like:
RJ1.png
And when I click "CReate Jira issue" this is what I get in Jira:
RJ2.png
Best regards,
melodican
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi,

Are you using custom report template? If you do, please make sure it’s updated (xsl and css) with 9.3 changes! This must be done manually for custom report templates, created with older versions. It may not be related to your problem, but who knows? Just give it a try... 😉
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration