Ranorex 9 support for Micorosft Unified Service Desk?

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
AfjalKhan

Ranorex 9 support for Micorosft Unified Service Desk?

Post by AfjalKhan » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:17 am

Hi,

I’m trying to create automation scripts with Ranorex 9.0.1 for an application hosted in Microsoft Unified Service Desk v.4.1.1.1253 (USD). To give you a background, USD uses Chromium/Cefbrowser in the background to host web applications. Whenever I’m locating an element within USD, it takes me a minute to locate the element and then actually performing the action (e.g. click, select combobox value). Also, sometimes locators/xpaths work, sometime it doesn’t – it’s very temperamental.

Is USD really supported by Ranorex? Will there be a future fix for this?

Vega
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Ranorex 9 support for Micorosft Unified Service Desk?

Post by Vega » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:40 am

If CEF is the underlying technology, then yes it is supported by Ranorex. This almost sounds like a latency / connection issue with the hosted app. Have you seen the same latency / delay / etc when debugging the app remotely within Chrome (no Ranorex)? Ranorex uses the remote debugging capability of CEF so if there is an issue with latency and the app + remote debugging , then I would imagine the issue is amplified when automating.
hope this helps