Ranorex Agent detection

Ask general questions here.
csolanki

Ranorex Agent detection

Post by csolanki » Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Team,

I am trying to integrate Ranorex into my AWS machine(windows) set up. I have installed Ranorex Agent, Ranorex license manager (with one run time license in it) and enabled TCP/UDP ports.

I am giving AWS machine desktop name/IP address into Host windows machine. But still it is not able to detect AWS machine`s Ranorex agent. Is there any way possible ?

Thanks.
Regards,
Charu Solanki
Ranorex User

Vega

Re: Ranorex Agent detection

Post by Vega » Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 am

Hello,

Are you able to ping the hosts from each other? For example:

Host A ping -> Host B and Host B ping -> Host A. This will give us a very high-level answer regarding if the machines can at least see each other.

Did you add the port rules in the AWS dashboard? Not only does each individual host need to have the ports configured, but also everything in between so I would definitely check your AWS dashboard first.

Knowing the above will definitely help narrow it down

csolanki

Post by csolanki » Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 am

Yes, I did check my port connection. I have enabled all listed (TCP/UDP) required ports in both the machine.

Both the machines are not able to ping each other. That is a problem. They are not able to detect either.
Regards,
Charu Solanki
Ranorex User

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,

I believe that Ranorex remote execution is meant to be used on the same network? It may be possible to make it working on different networks as well, but you need to make both networks/machines to communicate together. I would personally prefer to use something more robust, like Jenkins or Bamboo to manage and execute tests. It's definitely better and more reliable long-term solution.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

csolanki

Post by csolanki » Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 am

Hey,

If I use Jenkins then Do I need run time licenses to schedule so many parallel jobs at same time ?
Regards,
Charu Solanki
Ranorex User

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 am

Hi,

Of course, each Ranorex job needs its own license. So if you want to start multiple tests at the same time, you need equal number of available licenses. Eventually, you may add a simple waitforavailablelicense code to program.cs, which will pause the test execution, until there is free license found. Check for example this post:
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/running-t ... tml#p35582
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

csolanki

Post by csolanki » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 am

Hey,

I have tried integrating with Jenkins using host machine. But as shown in videos, I am not getting Java as an option to launch localhost with, in place of it. I am getting SSH or Command line. Is it an issue, because my host does not seem like connected.

PFA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Charu Solanki
Ranorex User