Ranorex agent does not recognize license server

Ask general questions here.
seantab

Ranorex agent does not recognize license server

Post by seantab » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi all,
I am using floating licensed Ranorex version 5.4.5. I also been told our license server is 5.4.4 which works fine with our version of Ranorex. I also been told that we have 4 run time licenses in addition to 4 floating Ranorex licenses.
I recently downloaded Ranorex remote agent, installed fine, but I am unable to register it with our license server. Initially I thought our firewall is blocking the communication, but I tested it with Ranorex app, and it is able to see the license server.

I know for the fact that no one else in our company using the agents so I should have 4 available remote agent licenses, and assuming we do have the 4 agent floating licenses, could someone help me why my agents do not register with license server? If I need an older compatible remote agents, where do I download older version ?

Thanks for your help

-Sean

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex agent does not recognize license server

Post by odklizec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi,

Ranorex remote agent is a Ranorex 6 feature! You will have to buy and use Ranorex 6 in order to use Ranorex remote agents and remote functionality as such! In other words, there is no way to use Ranorex remote functionality with Ranorex 5.4.5.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration