Ranorex Agent - Failed to publish Test Result

Bug reports.
sven.ernst

Ranorex Agent - Failed to publish Test Result

Post by sven.ernst » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:48 am

Hello,

I am running Ranorex 6.0.1 on a local Win7 x64 Machine and execute tests via Remote on another (real existing) Win7 x86 machine within our company.

Tests are working fine, the agent just always fails in publishing the test result. It is searching within the local AppData-Folder: ...\AppData\Local\Temp\Ranorex\fce7cfb2-1ffb-42cc-b867-3436024f6d9c\extracted - but there is no report stored.

Don't know what I did wrong, it used to work at the beginning of this project.

Thanks in regards!

jma

Re: Ranorex Agent - Failed to publish Test Result

Post by jma » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:32 am

Are you also able to reproduce the issues with a completely new solution? I would suggest trying to create a new solution with, for example, a simple log output. Please try executing this solution and let me know the result.

Did you also update the Ranorex Agent to the version 6.0.1 after updating Ranorex Studio? Please make sure that you use the same version of the Agent and of Studio.

sven.ernst

Post by sven.ernst » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks jma for the hint, brought me to the roots of the problem. Report Directory at my project is C:\Ranorex-Reports. If I delete this, publishing test-results is working. Anyone havin an idea why the publishing is not working when I'm giving a variable report file directory?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello sven.ernst,

I'm afraid this is a known issue in Ranorex 6.0. In order to work around the issue you will need to remove the custom report file directory in the meantime.

Currently, we do not know when this issue will be fixed. This depends on various factors. Nevertheless, all reported bugs and feature requests are documented in the release notes, with every new version release of Ranorex.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Johannes