Ranorex and Team Foundation Version Control

Ask general questions here.
martin.andel

Ranorex and Team Foundation Version Control

Post by martin.andel » Wed May 05, 2021 7:50 am

We would like to checkin our Ranorex Solutions into Team Foundation Version Control.
Here: https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/int ... trol-tfvc/ it is said that I should install "Team Explorer 2013 for Visual Studio".
It seems that it is impossible to install this on Windows 10 (Version 1809, Enterprise). The installer gives the error message "Windows Program Compatibility mode is on. Turn if off and then try Setup again."
It makes no difference wether or not I turn on the compatibility mode ( to windows 8 ) for the installer.

Is there a solution for using Ranorex and Team Foundation Version Control on Windows 10?

Any help is appreciated.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex and Team Foundation Version Control

Post by odklizec » Fri May 07, 2021 8:45 am

Hi,

You don't have to worry about 2013/15 names. Just get the most recent VS Team Explorer, which, as I believe, is 2019? You can get it here:
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/than ... rer&rel=16
Then continue according the guide.

To be quite honest, I would recommend to use Team Explorer externally and not integrate it it Ranorex Studio. There is a known issue with MSSCCI provider, which slowdowns Studio in case of large solutions and which is a completely MS issue. Unfortunately, there is nothing Ranorex folks could do about this. See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7738&hilit=MSSCCI&start=15#p32130
So my recommendation to you, just use the Team Explorer as is and do not integrate it with Ranorex Studio ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration