Ranorex application automatically tries to connect to Chrome

Bug reports.
Crw

Ranorex application automatically tries to connect to Chrome

Post by Crw » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:31 pm

I have a desktop application that uses Ranorex 5.4.5. After it is run and main (WPF) window is shown, I'm noticing a bunch of RemoteExceptions in debug output:

Code: Select all

A first chance exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in Ranorex.Plugin.Web.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in Ranorex.Plugin.Web.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException' occurred in System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
They cycle indefinitely. Call stack shows Ranorex tries to connect to Chrome via IPC pipe (see attachment).
That's very weird because I did not install Ranorex extension to Chrome in general. Moreover, the project does not even reference anything related to web routines - only Ranorex.Core and Ranorex.RawText.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asdf

Re: Ranorex application automatically tries to connect to Chrome

Post by asdf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi crw,

If your application under test is a WPF application, I would recommend turning off the Chrome plugin and try to execute your tests again.
In order to turn off the plugin, you have to create a code module and execute it in the setup region of your solution.
Use the following line of code, in order to turn the plugin off.
Ranorex.Plugin.ChromeWebFlavor.Instance.Enabled = false;
Please let us know the outcome.

Sincerely,
asdf

Crw

Post by Crw » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 pm

asdf wrote:I would recommend turning off the Chrome plugin
Err... Ok, but why it is even loaded?
asdf wrote:code module
I'm using Host.Local.Find and Ranorex.Adapter.FindSingle mostly, is there some other way to get access to plugins in that case?

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:18 pm

All Ranorex modules are loaded at all times, and normally they should not be turned off. If they aren't used, they don't consume resources, they are just a connector for the actual module logic that makes it faster for Ranorex to load the logic when needed.

I don't think the issue is with the Chrome plugin actually.

Have you tried doing a clean re-install of Ranorex? To me it looks like something in your Ranorex install may be causing the issue.

1. Unistall Ranorex.
2. Reboot the system.
3. Reinstall Ranorex using Ranorex-6.2.0.exe or Ranorex-6.1.1.exe

Also, please try creating a new solution in RANOREX STUDIO taking some actions against your SUT. If that works, then the issue is not Ranorex, but most likely due to issues with your implementation in VS.
Shortcuts usually aren't...