Ranorex Blocked by Antivirus

Ask general questions here.
karthikprs

Ranorex Blocked by Antivirus

Post by karthikprs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi,

I've just started evaluating the Ranorex tool. I'm able to record tests for my C# application but when I run the tests recorded there is message from the antivirus blocking the execution of my test case suspecting the Ranorex runner as a malware.

How to overcome this issue and I would also like to know If I need to reinstall the software as I suspect an improper installation.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikprs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

McTurtle

Re: Ranorex Blocked by Antivirus

Post by McTurtle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello Karthikprs,

I think that you could resolve this issue by adding the test executables to the list of exceptions of your antivirus software. If you are going to have many test executable with different names, then you could also consider adding the whole "D:\Data\Ranorex-Sample\" folder to the list of exceptions.

Please let me know if this helps.
If you have issues doing this, it would be helpful to know which antivirus you are using.

Regards,
McTurtle

karthikprs

Post by karthikprs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 am

Hi McTurtle,

Thanks for your reply. I've asked the IT team of my company to add the exception as per your reply.
Will keep posted whether the outcome is positive or not..

Thanks
Karthikprs
McTurtle wrote:Hello Karthikprs,

I think that you could resolve this issue by adding the test executables to the list of exceptions of your antivirus software. If you are going to have many test executable with different names, then you could also consider adding the whole "D:\Data\Ranorex-Sample\" folder to the list of exceptions.

Please let me know if this helps.
If you have issues doing this, it would be helpful to know which antivirus you are using.

Regards,
McTurtle

skhanpara

Post by skhanpara » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello All,

We did encounter the same issue and added all the root paths to exception list but it does not works. The scripts keeps getting blocked.

Until, we put the whole path with *.exe path to exception, Which i don't think should be the right way.

Please advise.

Thank you
SK

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Ranorex user guide: https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/faq ... ersoftware?

As they say, if adding the executables to the white-list doesn't work, you must disable the AV software during the test run.

Ranorex is a custom software tool that manipulates the system in ways that some AV packages do not like. There is nothing Ranorex can do about this in the short-term (they may be able to ask the AV vendor to white-list the Ranorex packages in the long-term, but that's questionable and doesn't solve the immediate problem). The only workaround in these cases is to disable the AV while the test is running.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

skhanpara

Post by skhanpara » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 pm

I did request put the request for the same, Just wanted to know if there was a easy way.

Thank you
Sunny Khanpara

karthikprs

Post by karthikprs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:22 am

Hi Guys,

The issue persisted with the antivirus until we installed Ranorex in a standalone PC without any antivirus softwares and no internet connections. It worked.

This happens to be much better than adding exceptions.

Thanks
Karthik