Ranorex can't find iOS Devices connected through USB

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
nissanthen

Ranorex can't find iOS Devices connected through USB

Post by nissanthen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:44 am

Description
When attempting to add endpoints, I can only locate my iOS devices through the network connection, they aren't recognized as USB connected devices. The same applies when going through the Ranorex Instrumentation Wizard, which simply states that No USB Devices found under Target USB Device.

Observations
  • I've tried with an iPhone XR and iPhone 6S+. iTunes recognizes both devices without issue.
  • Ranorex is perfectly able to detect the devices through our network and I've been able to deploy the Mini Kee Pass application on the phones and execute tests on them through the network connection.
  • I have verified that Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and Apple Mobile Device USB Device drivers have been installed without any conflicts. They are listed without any indication of conflicts in the Device Manager.
Environment
  • I am using Windows 10 PRO.
  • Ranorex is installed on a Lenovo T580 Intel i7-8550U CPU/16 GB RAM.
  • Ranorex 9.0.1 Trial Version.
  • iPhone XR and iPhone 6S+ are both running 12.2.
  • iTunes Version 12.9.4.102.
  • Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device Version 423.36.0.0.
  • Apple Mobile Device USB Device Version 423.36.0.0.
I am aware that there was a recent thread specifically related to USB connection issues and the iPhone XR, but none of the proposed solutions in that particular thread have resolved my issue (LINK).

I hope that someone can help me with this slight hiccup so that I can continue with my evaluation of Ranorex.

Thank you.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex can't find iOS Devices connected through USB

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am

Hello nissanthen,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

That the iPhone X cannot be added to Ranorex as an endpoint yet is know. The reason for this issue is that Apple changed the format of the ID's with short notice. We are working on a solution for this issue.

However, the iPhone 6S+ is an older device. This should work. Therefore, I would suggest that you open a ticket and get in contact with us. Please create a ticker via our support query: Ranorex Support

We are looking forward to your ticket.

Sincerely,
Tomaž

nissanthen

Post by nissanthen » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi Tomaz,

Thanks for responding, I've somehow managed to resolve the issue relating to the iPhone 6S+, I am not sure what exactly caused the issue, but now I am able to detect the device through USB, instrument and deploy applications.

Kind regards,
Nissanthen.

louiskfinney

Post by louiskfinney » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:03 pm

Any update on the newer iPhones and their connection to Ranorex? Specifically the iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi,

iPhone XS an XR is supported since Ranorex 9.1.2. Have you tried to add these phones?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration