My company is in the process of evaluating the Ranorex product to make a purchasing decision. One of the members of the IT team has raised the question about a scripting tool called AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml).
I would appreciate any help to address the following questions:
- 1. Does Ranorex have a document comparing its product features / benefits to competitors like AutoIt?
2. Does anyone have any hands-on experience with the Recorders in Ranorex and AutoIt, and how do they compare (e.g. ease of use, do they both generate code, etc.)…?
3. Most of our developers / testers are comfortable using VB.net so we plan to use this language with our Ranorex recordings / coding. How does the AutoIt “BASIC-like scripting language” compare from a learning curve, ease of use, user-base support, etc…?
4. We are planning to test both Windows/GUI apps, custom ASP Web apps, and a few ERP packages like Lawson (web version). How do the object identification capabilities compare between Ranorex and AutoIt…?
5. The final question that I am being asked is, why should my company pay for Ranorex when AutoIt is free…?