Ranorex Compatible Junit Report

Ask general questions here.
pansujit

Ranorex Compatible Junit Report

Post by pansujit » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:35 am

Hello,
From the ranorex 7.0, It is possible to create junit compatible report directly. But I have to create some custom modification but I don't have any idea.

here is the scenario:

My test runs via CI tools(Jenkins). I have assigned data where it is necessary (all test cases are not assigned data). And also the iteration is only once per test case (make compatible to testlink Integration). Now the Problem is when I finished the test, test cases with iteration shows as "testcase_iteration_1" but test cases without data show "testCase". What I want is, If there is testcase having one only iteration, can we make it just like there is no data?

I am hoping good response.

Thanking you

sincerely
Sujit Pandey

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Compatible Junit Report

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello pansujit,

Thank you for posting your question in the Ranorex forums.

Alternatively we may need to help you one on one in support, and for that please send email to [email protected] (USA) or [email protected] (world wide).

It sounds to me like you are connecting a data source to the test case with only one row of data. This will definitely cause it to show 1 iteration, but the data might just be better as the default value on a module variable, or hard coded into the test if the data does not need to change.

If, for instance, I had this issue, and I was using a data source to change environments or something, and I did not want the iteration, then I would just hard code one test for one environment, hard code a test for the other environment, and use "run configurations" in order to tell my test which environment I want to test.

More information about run configurations can be found in lesson 4 of the user guide here:

https://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gu ... suite.html

I hope this information is helpful to you, and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

-- M. Kendall McIntosh
Automation Support Engineer