Ranorex.Core.WinApi problems

Ask general questions here.
Marianne Jacobsen

Ranorex.Core.WinApi problems

Post by Marianne Jacobsen » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

I have an application that uses the Ranorex libraries but I have problems with the Ranorex.Core.WinApi dll.

When I try to run my application it throws an exception with information:

Code: Select all

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Ranorex.Mouse' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Ranorex.Core.WinApi, Version=2.1.4.6779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
File name: 'Ranorex.Core.WinApi, Version=2.1.4.6779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
   at Ranorex.Mouse..cctor()
Ranorex is installed on the machine together with a valid license. I can see the dll in the Ranorex installation directory as well as in GAC (with the correct publickey).
Ranorex.Core.dll is apparently loaded without problems.

I must be doing something wrong but I cannot figure out what it is exactly.

Any hints?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex.Core.WinApi problems

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Seems like the "Ranorex.Core.WinApi.dll" is missing. Please, check whether that DLL is registered in the GAC and try reinstalling Ranorex or repairing your current Ranorex installation, respectively.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team