Ranorex crashes when variable is renamed

Ask general questions here.
martinsw

Ranorex crashes when variable is renamed

Post by martinsw » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 am

Dear Ranorex,

When attempting to rename a variable from within a recording module, studio crashed with the below error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Ranorex.Sharpdevelop.VariableStoreUtil.GetVariableRefList(IProgressMonitor monitor,IProperty p,List`1 ignoreList)+0x41
Ranorex.Sharpdevelop.VariableStoreUtil.UpdateChangedVariableNames(ICompilationUnit oldCompilationUnit,ICompilationUnit newCompilationUnit)+0xa8
Ranorex.Addins.CodeGenMonitor.ParserService_ParseInformationUpdating(Object sender,ParseInformationEventArgs e)+0x0
ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.ParserService.OnParseInformationUpdating(ParseInformationEventArgs e)+0x9
ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.ParserService.ParseFile(IProjectContent fileProjectContent,String fileName,String fileContent,Boolean updateCommentTags)+0xa4

This error occurred again on initially restarting studio. I was able to restart studio successfully on the third occasion. I am able to consistently reproduce this error. Is this a known issue?

Also, can you advise how I should go about renaming a variable without causing the application to crash?

Thanks,

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex crashes when variable is renamed

Post by Support Team » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am

Hi,
martinsw wrote:This error occurred again on initially restarting studio. I was able to restart studio successfully on the third occasion. I am able to consistently reproduce this error. Is this a known issue?
Also, can you advise how I should go about renaming a variable without causing the application to crash?
We know this issue and it is already fixed with Ranorex 3.2.1. Please install the latest version of Ranorex.
https://www.ranorex.com/free-trial/

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

martinsw

Re: Ranorex crashes when variable is renamed

Post by martinsw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks Peter, will do

Regards,

Martin