Ranorex does not find my Java.Swing JButtons

Ask general questions here.
kru

Ranorex does not find my Java.Swing JButtons

Post by kru » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with my Ranorex Studio, when I want to test my application, Ranorex opens it, and when it wants to choose a button (thats the first thing it does after start), the following message is showed up:

Code: Select all

LineageGlueRule "java_window" caused RanorexException on Execute. Failed to find Ranorex java class package. 
Additional to that, if i run the same test as exe, i get the following warning (also in the rxlog):

Code: Select all

Failed to instrument WPF process. UI element identification capabilities for this window are limited.
The following website provides more information on this technology limitation:
(I needed to delete the link, because your forum won't let me post it)
(This message is only shown once per report.) 
I used Spy to identify my buttons and .NET is the 3.5 version. I run Ranorex Version 6.0 on the machine.
When I build the tests, I can run them with no problems on our Ranorex Runtime.

Also using the tutorial ranorex.com/support/user-guide-20/instrumentation-wizard/java-awt-swing.html (no matter we only had Version 5.4 and 6.0 on this machine) changed nothing.

The machine is a 64-bit Windows 10.

Thank you for all anwers.

KRU

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex does not find my Java.Swing JButtons

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 am

Hi,

Could you please upload a Ranorex snapshot of the problematic element? Ideally, post a sample application/website with the problematic element so Ranorex folks could easily identify the source of problem.

Also, I believe Ranorex 6.0 requires at least .Net 4.0? But I don't think think the error messages you are getting are the result of .Net 3.5.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration