Ranorex File extension - Subversion assistance

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Ram_Sankar

Ranorex File extension - Subversion assistance

Post by Ram_Sankar » Thu May 08, 2014 9:00 am

Hello Folks,

My job today is to clean up ranorex files before we could subversion all the changes.

So this is what I am after:

We recently upgraded from Ranorex 3,1,2 to 5 to 5,2(the new release :) )
I have managed to migrate all the tests such that they are fully functional with every version upgrade.

however, there seems to be one too many files that ranorex highlights as modified and I am beyond certain that all those files that ranorex highlighting as edited are NOT in fact edited. Now with the changes being made, i have to check in to the subversion. however, I am not entirely convinced if i should check in all the files that ranorex shows as modified.

So, if you can help me understand what are the essential Ranorex file extensions that require SVN check in, i will only check those in. all changes that were made were only in the recording modules and no where besides.

your help in this matter would be highly appreciated. just the necessary file extensions that i should definitely check in should suffice.

Thanks again,
Ram

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex File extension - Subversion assistance

Post by Support Team » Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Ram,

Do you know the Blog about SVN, if not may I ask you to take a look at: Using Subversion with Ranorex projects and there is also a forum post which could be of help: SVN and Non-Versioned Files.

Some files get changed because the version number changed respectively because of the update.
With what files do you have problems with?

Regards,
Markus

Ram_Sankar

Re: Ranorex File extension - Subversion assistance

Post by Ram_Sankar » Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks Markus. I have inculcated your suggestions and now its all fine