Ranorex Firefox Plugin disables from one TC to the next

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Joker

Ranorex Firefox Plugin disables from one TC to the next

Post by Joker » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:57 pm

I trigger my Ranorex Tests via Jenkis on a virtual Server 2008 R2. Since updating to FF 41.0 I experience the problem that, the first test.exe runs on FF where the Ranorex plugin is activated, the second test.exe runs on FF where the Ranorex plugin is disabled. Between Testcase 1 and Testcase 2 FF is not restarted refreshed or anything like that.

To get into detail;

When I check the plugin it seems that it is still active. If I check an element with the Spy I get the disabled plugin warning as well as an completely different element path as I'm using in my repository. So after disabling and enabling the plugin the path is displayed correct and the testcase is completed as it should.

kurts

Re: Ranorex Firefox Plugin disables from one TC to the next

Post by kurts » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:18 pm

I am getting similar results and I refreshed my firefox and it fixed the problem. That also did away with all my firefox settings. I find when I messed with firefox never remembering history it would disable the add on and I had this problem all over again. So it seems to be related to that somehow.