Ranorex gets stuck during test

Bug reports.
jon.hansen

Ranorex gets stuck during test

Post by jon.hansen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:47 am

Occasionally while executing my test, Ranorex gets stuck in one of the method calls.

When i break the test, the cursor stays at this call (in the Ranorex-generated cs files of a recording):

Code: Select all

Validate.Attribute(SomeButton, "Enabled", "true")

SomeButton has an effective timeout of 2m (acc. to the repository). I has verified that I'm able to highlight SomeButton using the Reposity Browser.

Furthermore I have tried to close and reopen the application under test - this has no effect. Even when closing the application, the test does not reveal that the element is no longer available.

By examining the callstack it seems that Ranorex hangs in MsaaFlavorElement.get_state():
RanorexIssue.png
Callstack
RanorexIssue.png (43.49 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Info:
Ranorex 5.4.5
Windows 7 x64

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex gets stuck during test

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 am

Hi Jon,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Unfortunately I'd need additional information to facilitate the analysis of this behavior. May I ask you if you could provide the application whereby this problem occurs? This would allow us to reproduce the problem in our environment.

Thank you in advance.

PS: You can send the additional information to [email protected] if you don't want to post it in this public forum.

Regards,
Markus (S)

jon.hansen

Post by jon.hansen » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I can't provide the exact application. I will try to reproduce this in a new application.

mind

Post by mind » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 am

It seems that we have a similar problem. So I just append my issue to this topic.

We run our tests with Ranorex 5.1.1. and VirtualBox. During one test we wait for not exist and the timeout is 30 seconds and the effective search timeout is 31 seconds, but unexpectedly Ranorex waits 4 hours before it continues.

I add a screenshot of the record module, repository and properties. I can't provide the application, but if you have any advice for me I can check it and provide further information.
rano.png
rano.png (97.85 KiB) Viewed 844 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi mind,

Please note that Ranorex 5.1.1 is already outdated and not supported anymore.
May I ask you if you could try reproducing this problem using the latest Ranorex version (5.4.5)?
Thank you.

Regards,
Markus (S)

mind

Post by mind » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi Markus,

at the moment, I am not able to run the test with a newer version.

The next update is scheduled after your next Release (should be Q1 assuming to your product roadmap)

Maybe I can set up a new VM with version 5.4.5.
I will provide new information as soon as possible.
Mind

jon.hansen

Post by jon.hansen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:14 am

The test are run on a physical machine, which also runs an instance of the TeamViewer 10 Server.
It seems that if i shutdown TeamViewer, this behaviour is no longer observed, but as soon as i reactivate it, the Ranorex test will stall at some time.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the update.

I'll try running some tests under the same conditions to see if this problem also occurs in our environment.

Additionally, have you seen this behavior also on other actions or does it only happen during a validation?

Regards,
Markus (S)