Ranorex-git-jenkins-db

Ask general questions here.
kavya13

Ranorex-git-jenkins-db

Post by kavya13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 am

Hello Team,

Kindly let me know, can we establish an infrastructure of Ranorex-git-jenkins-db with the floating license. On which machine will the tests be executed in that scenario?

Thanks in advance.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex-git-jenkins-db

Post by odklizec » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 am

Hi,

The tests will run on whatever machine you design it to run the tests ;) We are using Ranorex with Jenkins, but instead of GIT, we are using TFS. But it does not matter. In Jenkins, you can use any (major) source control software, including GIT.

In our case, we are using master/slave scenario, where Jenkins master hosts all Jenkins jobs and actual tests are running on slave machines. We are currently using 5 slaves, where each slave is an individual virtual machine. If I'm not mistaken, Ranorex webinar and user guide covers Jenkins master scenario, where is used only one machine, both for building and testing? So you will have to read Jenkins user guide regarding Master/Slave configuration. I believe that Jenskins guys, out of political correctness, replaced the term "slave" with something else? :D But I'm sure that you can still find the user guide regarding Master/Slave configuration ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration