Ranorex is not able to access UI objects - AIR application

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Ali1874

Ranorex is not able to access UI objects - AIR application

Post by Ali1874 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:40 pm

I receive the following error when running a test script:

'Please make sure that you have correctly instrumented your AIR application. Otherwise Ranorex is not able to access UI objects inside your AIR application.'

When recording a test script, Ranorex seems to be able to recognise images/text but not actual GUI items. This makes it difficult to test more in-depth sections of my desktop application.

This is how I set up:

-Followed the instructions on 'Adobe Flex: Load the Ranorex Lib into your Flex application' -

Is there anything missing? Any advice on how to proceed? Please note that I am using an Adobe Air/Flex desktop application and not web based.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex is not able to access UI objects - AIR application

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello Ali1874,

Generally, there shouldn't be any issues when instrumenting the AIR application with the Ranorex Lib. Nevertheless, I would suggest trying to instrument the application via the method "How to load the Ranorex Module into your Flex/AIR application".

If this doesn't solve the issue, I would need to know which version of Ranorex and which version of Air you currently use. Additionally, it would be great if you could upload a Ranorex Snapshot of the application.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Johannes