Ranorex is unable to record DateTimePicker Object

Bug reports.
Bokido

Ranorex is unable to record DateTimePicker Object

Post by Bokido » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 pm

I’m trying to record a Calendar in our application. But Ranorex keeps crashing if I press on the calendar while recording.
The whole application is based on Silverlight.

Following Information are known from this Object:

Public class DateTimePicker : System.Windows.Controls.UserControl
Member of some validated UI components

Can you tell why Ranorex keeps crashing at this point and if possible a workaround?

When i use „Image based Capturing “ Ranorex won’t crash but is unable to recognize the requested item. Ranorex will mark the whole application as the requested item.

I used the Ranorex Spy to track the Calendaritem, but it won’t recognize it and marks nothing.
In some cases Ranorex ( with Image based Capturing) keeps crashing if I press on random Element on the GUI where a DateTimePicker is located.
But in every case Ranorex is unable to record the DateTimePicker and keeps crashing if you click on the Button of the Calendar while “Image based” disabled. (Failure reproducible)

Greetings Bokido
Attachments
DateTimePicker.png
DateTimePicker.png (23.89 KiB) Viewed 989 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex is unable to record DateTimePicker Object

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi,
Bokido wrote:Can you tell why Ranorex keeps crashing at this point and if possible a workaround?
What do you mean with crashing? A real crash or is Ranorex not able to find you element? Would it be possible to post us a Ranorex Snapshot of your calendar or even better would be a sample application with the calendar in it.

How to create a Ranorex Snapshot

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team