Ranorex layout version 5.4

Ask general questions here.
Jenny

Ranorex layout version 5.4

Post by Jenny » Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi,

It seems like I lose the "Debug layout" everytime I open the tool. It changes to Plain or Default. How can I set it permanently to "Debug layout"?

Thanks,
Jenny

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex layout version 5.4

Post by odklizec » Fri May 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Jenny,

Sadly, Ranorex does not remember last used layout. I already posted a feature request like this. But I guess it could be possible to enforce Ranorex to use "debug" layout (as default one) by editing Ranorex configuration files?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon May 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi Jenny,

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what is meant by "Debug layout". Could you describe the issue in more detail? Probably it would be helpful to upload a screenshot to illustrate the issue.

Generally, Ranorex saves the last used layout. The available grids (for example Console, Breakpoints etc.) can be pinned to specific locations within Ranorex Studio.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Johannes

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon May 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi Johannes,

What she means is that Ranorex does not remember last selected layout profile, found in this combo...
DebugLayout.png
It's true that Ranorex saves layout changes to last used layout profile (selected from that layout combo). But it does not actually remember last used layout profile itself! In other words, Ranorex always opens Default layout, even if there was used Debug layout during previous session. It's not a Ranorex fault, it's just default SharpDevelop behavior.

A quick&dirty workaround seems to be renaming file Default.xml to Debug.xml and vice versa (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RanorexStudio6\layouts). Then Ranorex always starts with "Debug" layout ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue May 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thank you odklizec, that makes things clearer. I could find the corresponding feature requested and added Jenny as a reference customer.

Currently, we do not know if and when this feature will be implemented. This depends on various factors. Nevertheless, all reported bugs and feature requests are documented in the release notes, with every new version release of Ranorex.

In the meantime, you could try using the above-mentioned workaround.

Sincerely,
Johannes

Jenny

Post by Jenny » Thu May 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Thanks Pavel. I did the workaround what Pavel suggested and it works in that way
(renaming file Default.xml to Debug.xml in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RanorexStudio6\layouts).
Also thanks to Johannes for adding this in the future bug fix.

Thanks,
Jenny