Ranorex Magic Merger configuration dialog every time

Bug reports.
Stub

Ranorex Magic Merger configuration dialog every time

Post by Stub » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 am

I've just started looking at Ranorex v8 - we've been happily working with Ranorex v7.2.1 so I've been putting off this upgrade. I've upgraded our test solution to Ranorex v8.2 but every single time I load it I get the "Ranorex Magic Merger configuration" dialog appearing, stating that my project is already under source control. It does not matter if I leave the "Do not show again" checkbox ticked or unticked, the dialog re-appears if I close and re-open my solution.

How can I turn off this prompt? I know it's already under source control!

:

[EDIT] NVM, I now seem to have managed to get this to stay off. It was re-appearing yesterday and this morning.

dpFourOFour
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Ranorex Magic Merger configuration dialog every time

Post by dpFourOFour » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Hey Stub,

I haven't seen such an issue before, but it seems that Ranorex was not able to save your choice. All ignored dialogs are listed in the RanorexConfig*.xml under your %appdata% directory
The Magic Merger for example would be SourceControlIntegrationDialog
scid.jpg
If you see that behavior again, I would double-check the file.

Hope that helps,
DP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please always include the following information to your posts
  • Ranorex Version
  • OS Version

Stub

Re: Ranorex Magic Merger configuration dialog every time

Post by Stub » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Oh, thanks for that, DP, that's a useful suggestion. I'll take a look if the issue recurs. It was easily repeatable until it suddenly wasn't, and I'm not sure what I did differently at the end there :?