Ranorex must remain in focus to correctly identify image

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
aagribeiro

Ranorex must remain in focus to correctly identify image

Post by aagribeiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi,

I have an application in which I must press F8 so that a table view appears. Ranorex isn't able to identify the text elements in the table (even if I press Ctrl+Win in a cell) so I'm using image validation.

In this test I run the application, which get focus, load a file, wait 10 seconds, press F8, wait 10 seconds, and then perform the image validation step.

If I run the test as is, the application gets the focus and the image validation step fails.

If I run the test and change focus to Ranorex in the last wait 10 seconds step, the image validation step succeeds.

This seems to be a Ranorex bug. Can you please confirm this and suggest a workaround?

Logs attached.

Best regards,
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex must remain in focus to correctly identify image

Post by odklizec » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:18 am

Hi,

It's hard to say what's wrong without seeing your app and your recording (mainly the image validation settings). From what I see in report, the validated image looks considerably different from the validated table. Please make sure there is enabled "Use hidden screenshot capturing" option in Ranorex settings (Advanced tab). However, I don't think this will make any difference for you ;)

BTW, I would personally not use screenshot validation for such complicated element like table. Maybe you just need to edit Ranorex settings to improve element recognition? Could you please upload a Ranorex snapshot of the table in question?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

aagribeiro

Re: Ranorex must remain in focus to correctly identify image

Post by aagribeiro » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:59 am

Hi,

It took so long for my first post to be approved that I forgot about it. Meanwhile I got some support from Ranorex and the solution was, and you're going to laugh, disabling "Use hidden screen capturing" :) .

In my case it appears that when "Use hidden screen capturing" is enabled, the screen capture is different from when I captured it during recording.

Thanks,
Alex