Ranorex not finding elements in site and only recording "Pane"

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
carolArgentina

Ranorex not finding elements in site and only recording "Pane"

Post by carolArgentina » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:51 pm

I was working in Ranorex Studio 9.0 and making a simple click test. My Ranorex Studio is currently in a remote Windows machine. I then closed my remote login and then re-opened it. On trying to continue with making my test Ranorex stopped working in finding elements inside the website and will now only log the 'Pane' window and when I look at the Ranorex Base path for anything that I had previously recorded in 'Edit in Spy' the path to the element is all red x's. I'm currently using Ranorex 9.0 and the site is being opened on Chrome and the current Chrome version being used is 75.0.3770.142

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex not finding elements in site and only recording "Pane"

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi Carol,

This is an odd issue... closing and reopening the remote connection should not make object recognition all the sudden fail in the browser. In order to better understand what Ranorex is seeing before and after, please provide two Ranorex Snapshot files of the application under test (one before closing the remote connection and one after).

Also, while likely not related, I recommend at least sand-boxing Ranorex 9.1.1 as there are a lot of bug fixes between your version and 9.1.1. Although none are directly related to this issue, sometimes one bug fix fixes another seemingly unrelated issue. Be aware, opening your solution in this new version will upgrade it and cannot be downgraded. Do not open your solution with this version unless you are ready to commit to 9.1.1. Otherwise, work in a new solution for testing this issue.

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,
Ned

mariad

Re: Ranorex not finding elements in site and only recording "Pane"

Post by mariad » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:24 pm

I have a similar issue. Using version 9.1.2. The objects in repository are now not recocnized, spy can detect only "container" and "pane" elements. I am in desperate need of your help. Unfortunatelly, I am not able to submit screenshots due to privacy policy of my company.