Ranorex not recognize third-party components- Telerik

Ask general questions here.
mohsenish

Ranorex not recognize third-party components- Telerik

Post by mohsenish » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:45 pm

hello;
I am new to Ranorex Automation tool and i try trial version(4.1) to see if it is compatible with our products but when i working with ranorex i found some problem about record the telerik objects. For example
1- I try to click on second row of telerik table but ranorex record it as i click in third row but in minus coordination.
2- I click on second combo box in first row and choose text "text4" but when I play it again; ranorex double click on it and choose text "text4" .
I spend a lot of time to discover what is the problem but i don't find anything.could you help me? i attach a example program with telerik controls and my ranorex recording.
thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex not recognize third-party components- Telerik

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello,

This issue seems to be caused by a incorrect UIAutomation implementation in Telerik controls.
Unfortunately, you would need to track your elements (e.g. cell, drop-down box), add them into your repository and perform your actions manually.

Please disable 'WPF Plugin' temporarily in Spy before you add your elements to your repository.
You achieve this by a click on 'Ranorex' (upper-right corner in Spy).
This opens the 'About Dialog' where you could enable/disable Plugins temporarily.
WPF_plugin2.PNG
Regards,
Markus (T)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mohsenish

Post by mohsenish » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 am

hi Markus;
Thank you for your information;
But i still have a problem. I disable WPF plugin and add the elements (e.g. cell and etc) to my repository but when i play my recording it seems to still searching for that elements; for example:
I add "row1" to my repository (when WPF plugin is disable) and it recognize that elements (i highlight that element and it is right) but when i play recording, Ranorex doesn't do any action and after a few minutes recording fails. does exits anything that i don't pay attention to it?
I attach my new repository and Ranorex recording,
thank you;

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the Ranorex Solution and the sample application.
I checked the application with Ranorex Spy and saw that Ranorex is able to recognize all of the rows if you navigate to the element using the element tree in Ranorex Spy. Please take a look at the screenshot below.
Rows.png
Unfortunately it is not possible to track the elements directly in Ranorex Spy and that's the reason that the record and playback approach will not work in your case. It seems to be an issue with the FromPoint functionality, which is provided by the .NET Framework.
It is not necessary to disable the WPF plugin.
I tried to click the elements using the Path from Ranorex Spy. Please find attached a new version of your solution.
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard

mohsenish

Post by mohsenish » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:17 am

Hello Bernhard;

Thank you for your informative reply; I try it and it works. :D :D
Ranorex is great.