Ranorex nuget package

Ask general questions here.
prasoon.jmit

Ranorex nuget package

Post by prasoon.jmit » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi,

We want to integrate our ranorex project with CI pipeline. We are using jenkins. We don't have ranorex installed in build server.

In order to build ranorex solution we need ranorex dlls. Is Ranorex present in nuget package? If yes how we can use that? Or do we have any other approach?

Thanks,
Prasoon

Jacob
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Ranorex nuget package

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Hi Prasoon,

I think the answer here will be similar to your other question. I would recommend that you use the Ranorex Agent on this machine if possible. Installing the Ranorex Agent on the target machine will ensure all of the necessary DLLs are registered and the machine will be able to run smaller Test Solution executables. I hope this helps!

--Jacob

prasoon.jmit

Post by prasoon.jmit » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:46 pm

Hi,

Ranorex agent will help in building the Ranorex solution in the machine where Ranorex Studio is not installed or run the test script from remote machine or both?

Thanks,
Prasoon

Jacob
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Jacob » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi Prasoon,

The Ranorex Agent will install all of the necessary DLLs that Ranorex scripts need in order to run on the target machine. So when the Ranorex solution is built from within the pipeline and then executed, the Build Server will already have all of the necessary DLLs needed in order to run the test script. I hope this helps!

--Jacob