Ranorex on Edge Browser

Ask general questions here.
Gowtham

Ranorex on Edge Browser

Post by Gowtham » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:25 am

I have a recording(record & playback) of a web app on Windows 7. Though the recording works fine on IE and Chrome on Windows 7 I need to run the same recording on Windows 10 Edge Browser. On Windows 7 Ranorex Studio I have configured the Selenium Web Driver end points successfully. However I have the following queries,
1. When I try to record and play using the Selenium Web Driver I get the following error,
"Unable to create new service: InternetExplorerDriverService Build info: version: '3.14.0', "
To resolve the above error though I downloaded IEDriverServer.exe I'm not sure of installing/configuring/using the .exe. Is this the proper exe to resolve this error? or Suggest any alternates if available.

2. I need to run the same recording of Windows 7 on Windows 10 Edge Browser. Windows 10 machine will not have Ranorex Studio installed. Can I run the recording on Windows 10 using Excel-Connector(By providing Edge as an option on Windows 7 machine Excel sheet). Since, I won't have Ranorex Studio on Windows 10 and I can't configure Selenium Web Driver on Windows 10 how do I run the recording of Windows 7 on Windows 10 Edge Browser.

I understood that I need to copy all the necessary dlls of Ranorex plus my project dlls and exe's and also the license file(.lic) to Windows 10. Will this work?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex on Edge Browser

Post by odklizec » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:50 am

Hi,

Ranorex natively supports Edge since version 8.3.0, so there is no longer need to use webdriver for Edge testing. If you are using something older than 8.3, then please update to the most recent 8.3.1.

As for running tests on computer without installed Ranorex, check please this user guide chapter, which should show you the way...
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/int ... eployment/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration