Ranorex Problem

Ask general questions here.
Todor

Ranorex Problem

Post by Todor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:40 am

Hello,
I have a problem concerning the speed of Ranorex.
I use Ranorex on a sharepoint platform to test the platform for errors. When I start the test from my computer
(2.0 GHZ, 2GB RAM, using Windows7 as OS) it runs at 100% CPU processor load. So I thought running the test directly on the server would be better and it would test faster. I installed Ranorex on the server (2.4GHZ dual core, 7,81 GB RAM, using Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise as OS) and started the testing programm. The problem is that Ranorex has difficulties finding items on the server, which has nothing to do with the paths. The testing programm runs extremly slow on the server although it has more processing power. I use IE9 as Browser on both and I have also tried Firefox. Maybee you can help me.

With kind regards
Konstantin Todor

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Problem

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi,

Please answer me a few additional questions:
  • Which version of Ranorex do you use?
  • Are you able to narrow it down to a specific point in your script or does this issue occur on different places?
  • Which technology to you use?
  • Did you try to search for RxPath with Spy and then check the CPU Load?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi Peter!
Support Team wrote:Which version of Ranorex do you use?
I use Ranorex Version 3.0.4.13228. The .Net Version is 4.0.3.
Support Team wrote:Are you able to narrow it down to a specific point in your script or does this issue occur on different places?
There is no specific point and there are no different places. Ranorex manages it to search for items for a very long time but only on the server.
Support Team wrote:Which technology to you use?
Sorry, I don't get what you mean with that question. Do you mean the platform that i am testing with Ranorex?
Support Team wrote:Did you try to search for RxPath with Spy and then check the CPU Load?
I always define the paths in Ranorex Studio with the Ranorex Spy and I usually work on two monitors, so i can see the CPU Load and Ranorex testing. While testing the Ranorex task needs up to 50 percent of the CPU Load. The other 50% are covered by the IE9 Browser.

With kind regards
Konstantin Todor

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Todor wrote:Sorry, I don't get what you mean with that question. Do you mean the platform that i am testing with Ranorex?
Sorry I fat fingered the keyboard. :) I mean which technology is used for your AUT (HTML, Flash, Flex...)?
Todor wrote:While testing the Ranorex task needs up to 50 percent of the CPU Load. The other 50% are covered by the IE9 Browser.
Did you try to disable the Ranorex Plug-In for IE? You will find it under the menu "Manage Add-Ons" named Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon

Second solution would be to disable the "Protected Mode of IE" and enable the Ranorex Plug-In.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Support Team wrote: I mean which technology is used for your AUT (HTML, Flash, Flex...)?
The technology used is C# and Silverlight.
Support Team wrote:Did you try to disable the Ranorex Plug-In for IE? You will find it under the menu "Manage Add-Ons" named Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon
No I haven't tried this yet. I will try it and then inform you if the problem is solved.

Todor

Post by Todor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:17 pm

The IE9 on the server hasn't even installed a Plug-In called Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon
and the testing on the server is still quite slow.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Todor wrote:The IE9 on the server hasn't even installed a Plug-In called Ranorex.Plugin.TridentIpc.RanorexAddon and the testing on the server is still quite slow.
If the Ranorex IE Addon is not installed, then automation of IE will definitely be slower.

Do you use a 64 bit IE? The 64 bit version is also a lot slower than the 32 bit version.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Todor

Post by Todor » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm

So you say I have to install the Ranorex Plug-In on the Server and start with the 32bit version of IE?
I will try that and tell you wether it worked or not.

But I see a little bit of antagonism in this thread because at first you tell me to deactivate the ranorex Plug-In to accelerate Ranorex's search and now you tell me to that this Plugin is necessary for the Internet Explorer and for Ranorex to search items faster, so I am kinda confused. :P Please explain the difference between this two posts to me.