Ranorex project .exe blocked by Antivirus.

Bug reports.
seldin

Ranorex project .exe blocked by Antivirus.

Post by seldin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Using Ranorex 8.1.1 I made a batch file that runs ranorex project .exe with a set of runconfigs (over 10).

After executing the batch file my antivirus has picked up the .exe file as malicious ransomware.

This was never an issue before and the issue is we cannot add this .exe simply to the whitelist of the Antivirus since we have many .exe files that do the same thing.

Is there a fix to this new issue?

I have attached a image with the error thrown by the antivirus. Further tests from this batch file receive "access denied" and the tests do not run.

Ragards,
-Sherif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex project .exe blocked by Antivirus.

Post by odklizec » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:22 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, there are only two solutions...either whitelist the ranorex-based exes in the antivirus or disable antivirus during the test run. I think there is no other solution. OK, maybe exe signing could help too? Ranorex does some system-related operations, which some antiviruses consider potentially harmful. Hence the false alarms. Whitelisting exes is the easiest and fastest way to avoid such problems.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration